My photo
Sometimes random. Sometimes inspired. Most of the time bored.

Pages

Oh, the questions we ask ourselves.

As you might have noticed, I'm writing so much. Too much. And now, I start to wonder, isn't this blog becoming more and more negative? Like a one big ball of stress floating in cyberspace? I don't know. This writing it all out in here pretty much keeps me sane, so I guess I'll just keep on doing it. Until maybe one random day, I'll decide to delete everything--just like what I did with my previous blogs. Maybe, maybe not.

So what is it now, you might ask. Another tough day at the office, another one of those moments that boredom got the better of  me and made me think about things... In the process, I came across some questions (or maybe realizations).

1. Priorities. What are we supposed to prioritize? Our partner? Our family? Our career? Our passion? Ourselves? What? Or is it subjective? What is my priority? Is it the right choice? Is there even a right or wrong choice? Something that is important to you does not automatically mean that its your priority. Also, we choose our priorities. Sometimes they match, sometimes they don't.

2. Why do we stay even if we want to leave? Why do we do things that does not actually make us happy? He said because of the shit we were taught at school. Yes, I agree. And more, actually. Because sometimes, what you do not like about what you're doing does not amount to much compared to what you like about it. Say, I don't like olives, but I love Yellow Cab's New York's Finest. I'll still have New York's Finest every single time, despite the olives (for the record, I love olives!). 

3. On keeping mum. Why do we hold back when we're talking? Why do we start to say something only not to finish it? Because....... [i choose not to write why] Why do we keep on playing dumb? Because... I don't know.

4. People do not change overnight. There are habits and things that people have been used to, that you can't just "switch off" anytime that you want. Change is very much welcome, but it is a process. Most of the time, abrupt changes leave people broken.

I shall resume to work now. Maybe soon enough, I'll find the answers, or maybe I'll just have more questions. Am I even asking the right questions? Who the hell cares about what's right?




No comments:

Post a Comment