My photo
Sometimes random. Sometimes inspired. Most of the time bored.

Pages

février quatorze et quatre mois in New York.

The guy and I spent Valentines Day having pizza delivered to us while we watch some stand-up comedy show. That's how we spend most nights anyway, having pizza (or pasta) for dinner while watching a stand-up, or a movie, or a TV show.

Yep, while other couples are out there on fancy restaurants, giving chocolates and stuffed toys and bouquet of flowers, the guy and I were on the couch, enjoying pizza and buffalo wings from Brooklyn Pizza, with Cream, Apple, and Banana Pie for dessert. Oh also while watching George Carlin's Life is Worth Losing live from Beacon Theater in New York. Without leaving the room, the guy and I (unintentionally) spent Valentines Day in a very New York-ish way! :">

I don't care about bouquet of flowers, the last time I had one, I got robbed while carrying a dozen of white roses. I don't need stuffed toys, I have so much of them already. And although chocolates are great, I could have them any day. Haha.

The point here is that you don't need holidays to spend some awesome time. You don't need Valentines Day to express your love for each other. You don't need material things to make the person you're with feel he's loved and appreciated. Valentines Day does not just happen annually on the 14th of February. You don't need holidays to be in love.

For 20 years, I have spent Valentines Day as a regular day. However, this year, it still seemed like a regular day, nothing fancy, nothing overwhelming--just pure awesomeness and genuine care and love.

And also, four months now of being together "officially." Although I'm pretty sure we've already been into each other longer than that. Haha!

So for that guy, for you... Thank you. For being an amazing and super understanding boyfriend in the last four months and for being a great friend and an awesome person for a longer time. I look forward to more days and nights and months and years with you. Thank you for being in my life and always remember that I love you and that I'm here for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment