So, first things first. Life's taking it's (sort of expected) turn and once again, I lept. I've been unemployed (again) for almost a week now. oh, my last day was just this Friday, so basically for four days now. lol. Sorry, that's just my innate impatience acting up. Haha! Yes, I filed my resignation last Wednesday and by Friday, I was out. I finally got what I wanted!
The speed of it all came as a shock for me though, I was supposed to stay for 30 days more after I've filed the letter, but my boss offered me the option of filing an "effectively immediately" resignation and I'll still get the benefits. So, hooray!
Guess what, I've never felt lighter. I no longer carry the burden of being stuck inside an office, not being able to go out and get a breather. I'm back to talking to people and even my close friends that I didn't had time to talk to before. Yes, I sank in to depression so deep that I ended up alienating myself from everybody, except of course the guy. Him, along with Sheena and Kath are the people who kept me going on and when I've had enough, they were also there to back me up.
Do I miss the office? Not really. But I do miss the feeling of "having to do something," being obligated. BUT! Know that I miss it, not because it brings me joy or whatever, but simply because it became a part of my system. Almost 9 months ain't a joke. I also miss the people. Since I left, actually even weeks before I left, I already felt the distance starting to appear between me and my officemates. But it's fine. I can't really blame them from distancing themselves, since I've been so open how much I loathe our job and how it's the devoid of freedom. Lols. And it really is.
Anyways, so that's what's happening with my life lately. Taking crazy turns. However, worry not. I'm fine, sometimes I get down times wherein I question myself and what I did, but given another chance, I'll do the same thing. I've never felt more alive. January to September wasn't my best months, but I still have the remaining months of the year to make a one hell of a memorable 2012! ;)
Also, about employment, I'm back to my freelance work. It's not that bad actually. I get to write whenever I want, how many articles I want. It's all good. Heh. The freedom that I wanted, the time for myself that I needed. I gotta focus more though!
I trust in you life. I believe that your waves and breeze will take me to great heights, new lands that will help me grow. New beginnings and new learnings.

No comments:
Post a Comment