I'm dropping by a good old coffee shop called Subspace somewhere here in Ortigas this afternoon. Initially, I invited Bianca to iScreamist in Maginhawa but I realized, I just want to chill out (alone or with the guy), slump down into a couch, finish the book I've started to read yesterday, and just maybe write a little bit.
I'll take pictures. I'll tell you the stories (and scenarios and thoughts) that entered my mind then and there. I'll tell you what I had. I've been craving for ice cream and an ice cream parlour since the weekend. In the book that I was reading, there was this small ice cream house called Rosie's and because I am easily influenced (haha), I wanted to go in one. However, I'm more of a coffee person...so yeah. Subspace it is.
Most of the time, this is how I feel when I am in coffee shops. Not euphoric, not depressed. Just maybe, nostalgic, melancholic? In deep thoughts about love and life and death and hope? Sometimes it is about fear, about insecurity, about the people that I chose to be part of my life.
When I spend some time alone in a coffee shop, especially one that I have made a home of already, I feel lighter. The place provides me a feeling of comfort and familiarity. A known place in the midst of a world that's moving so fast.
On dark dark nights, I look up to the stars and feel a little better. Sometimes, I look straight ahead and spend some time in a coffee shop that I like. Now that I've written a bit about something that I love, my heart is a bit stable now. It flutters. No longer burdened by the negativities I have harbored within. Chill Out. Life is good. One day, I'll be awesome once again. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment