I want to spend a moment tonight in a very high place. On the top of Ortigas, over everything. Under an evening sky.
Take me there. I could run towards it, on my own, on my mind.
But I do not want to go alone.
I don't wanna be alone any more.
Let me fly from the top
Let the wind hug me and kiss me
Let it caress my hair and envelope me in its cold November breeze
The stars above, allow them to flicker
Yield to their changes
Listen to songs that would make the heart cry
Listen to Lou Reed's Perfect Day.
Remember those days when it was playing on the mind
for days...
Just a perfect day,
You made me forget myself,
I thought I was someone else,
Someone good.
Remember the clouds. Remember their comfort.
Replay the sound of laughters
of sparkling eyes and beaming smiles
A month ago, a month later
Let us go to that very high place
Have the gourmet coffee that has been delayed for months now
In the heart of Ortigas. My heart remains in Ortigas.
With the dread of impeding Midnights.

No comments:
Post a Comment