My photo
Sometimes random. Sometimes inspired. Most of the time bored.

Pages

Little bits about being a starberry, being the strange one at highschool, and Deconstructing Harry.

You cannot be an orange, you must be an apple. Because this is the world of the great apple. Its either you get converted or get killed. But what if you're happy being an orange? -Maam Guevarra ♥

I have always loved that quote from Ms. G. And I miss her as well! That was one hell of an amazing literature class. I wish she was also our professor for art appreciation, rather than...uh. Haha. Anyways, I'm just glad I came across that quote again. In highschool, I only get along well with my small group of friends and two teachers, aside from that the whole school pretty much abhorred me or did not care at all, which is fine either way. Why? Because majority of the people in there are not interesting enough or not smart enough or engaging enough. And back then, I was sort of considered as the "strange one." Funny how five years later, I would look at all those people and just smile to myself. I'm sure as heck glad that I was not like any of them. The two teachers that I have been friends with? They are uh-mazing. Cool adults that lend me interesting books, let me sleep with my friends on the library, let me hang out at their houses, lend me movies by Scorsese, listen to my rants about the school and the people in it, and more! They are my neighbors as well! My small group of friends? Just awesome, plain awesomeness. And I miss them. Things were really different then. Well, it was five years ago. But I still love all those girls until now although I don't see them as much anymore. :">

Anyway, I talked too much! Lols. My point here is that, I don't care if this is the world of the great apple. I am a starberry and I will be one until I vanish. After this life, I shall be one of those fluffy clouds at day and one of those pretty stars at night. I have always been different and I do not intend to change that. 

Soooo...enough of my rant. I just missed writing. Forgive moi. Haha.

Today was an amazing day. The boyfriend and I cooked lunch! It was amazing and it tasted great as well! Hoho. Spending time with the guy is just totally enriching. Also, we watched another Woody Allen. Today, it was "Deconstructing Harry." Pretty cool movie, I must say. And I really like Woody Allen. I feel sad for him like I wanna hug him and at the same time, I admire his talent and writing skills. Maybe I should write more about Woody Allen next time. Hoho. And nah, forget about me giving him a hug. He married his adopted daughter after all. However, hands off, I kinda feel sad for him. "Promise me you will never fall in love with me." Those were his lines, almost all the time. I used to say that line so many times in the past as well. That exact line. I even said that to the boyfriend then (although not directly), but fortunately, he did not listen to me. Haha!

Enough of that for now. Here are some pretty good lines from the movie! :)

Doris: You have no values. With you its all nihilism, cynicism, sarcasm, and orgasm. (I literally LOL'd at this one!)
-
Harry Block: All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it. 
-
[Talking about life] 
The Devil: It's like Vegas. You're up, you're down, but in the end the house always wins. Doesn't mean you didn't have fun. 
-
Harry Block: I'm a guy who can't function well in life but can in art. 
-
Burt: Do you care even about the holocaust, or do you think it never happened? 
Harry Block: Not only do I know that we lost 6 million, but the scary thing is that records are made to be broken  
-
Harry Block: [to his brother-in-law Bert] I think you're the opposite of a paranoid. I think you go around with the insane delusion that people like you. 
-
Doris: It's tradition. 
Harry Block: Tradition is the illusion of permanence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment