So what to write, what to write...
Last night, I watched an amazing film with the boyfriend. It's Midnight in Paris, another Woody Allen film and man, it's awesome. The plot was basically a Hollywood writer who wants to write a book and goes to Paris with his fiance for a vacation and then something happens and he just found himself partying and sharing insights with Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Picasso, Dali, Stein, and all the other great artists. I am not saying much but the film is definitely a must watch.
Aside from that...hmmm. Let's see.
Another day at the office. The last time I was here was I think last week, but I did not write anything. I just can't be fagged to write anything. Even right now, I just wrote one article and I just wanna sleep. Darn. After some time, almost three months in my case, all my motivation just goes down and down and down to zero. Why? Mainly because this is not what I really want to do. Well yes, I love writing. But as my friend has put it, I want to write a short article that as so much meaning and relevance to the world rather than write thousands and thousands of articles convincing people to buy this product and all that shenanigans. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my thing.
But guess what, I think I'll still be asking why the birds stay on one place... What am I talking about? Photo below.
![]() |
| Yep, amazingly, on the sea of funny and hilarious stuff, in between memes, I found this on 9gag. Makes the site definitely awesome-r! ; |
Just today, I had a job interview. The building is just two blocks away from my initial workplace (where I am right now, haha) and in some way, the nature of the job is similar. So, you might wonder. If I do not enjoy this job, why apply on the same position for another company? Because like the birds, we all need a place where we can go to after flying. The analogy might not be that clear but all I'm saying here is that, I spend money, so I need to earn money. As much as I do not like this reality, yes, it's just about the salary.
Well anyway, all I'm planning to do is to get two years of experience and then get a real job. On times like this, it is rather difficult to just jump on to a real job, ya know. I mean, I know there are opening on broadcasting networks, but as of the moment, I do not feel like diving in there just yet. After some time, after some time. And besides, where I really want to write for is for print. Why not on newspapers? That deserves another long entry. Hoho. So for now, I am getting all the experiences that I could and then after a couple of years, I shall catapult myself into a whole new level of jobs. Something that I really like, something that I would definitely enjoy doing. Soon enough.
I have always believed that I lack patience. But deep inside, I know I do have the virtue. It's just that I am stubborn, I guess. Lols. Well anyway, I am at this point in my life where I am in a "sponge-moment." Another seven year old moment. I am just acquiring all the experiences that I could, from work, from life, from relationships, independence, freedom, travelling, everything. I might make some mistakes in the process, but that is not the point. Never ever let the fear of making mistakes hinder you from learning new wisdom and experiencing new things. Yes, some mistakes are irreversible so you might as well think long and hard before making your choices. So back to what I was saying...I am in this point of just absorbing everything I could, as Sean Covey once wrote it, maybe here I am...still sharpening the saw before I cut off the tree...here I am gathering all the equipment before rushing to the battlefield. In this time of preparation, I choose to do something along with that--and this is it, getting a job that is pretty mediocre but allows me to buy books and enjoy cups of coffees. So hey, it is not that bad.
I might seem like I am stalling, I might look like I am out of direction, but believe, I'll get where I want to go.
And yeah, baby. You want explanations? Read my blog. I don't really enjoy explaining things verbally.
As Adriana on Midnight in Paris said to Gil before they said goodbye: That's the problem with writers. You are so full of words.


No comments:
Post a Comment