My photo
Sometimes random. Sometimes inspired. Most of the time bored.

Pages

Carpe Diem.

I haven't been online for a while. Mostly because of a series of trips and now, because I'm pretty much busy.

Last week of April, I was at our province, Iloilo, for the Holy Week. And I was able to conquer a mountain. *applause* The view was spectacular but the road on the way up obviously wasn't. Nonetheless, I was able to reach the peak. And after hours of climbing and thoughtful steps and buckets of sweat, this was what I was able to conclude.

*Screencap from my Twitter account, add me if you must.LOL*
I just wanted to check the spelling of Mt. Manyakiya when I googled it, but I learned something interesting. The mountain is the highest mountain in the city of Anilao. 

Top photo: Mt. Manyakiya (but not the view from our place, ours was farther).
Second photo: View from the top.
Just realized, I forgot to take a photo of me with the view from the top as the background!  Lol.

I've always known Mt. Manyakiya. I've spent so many mornings and afternoons in deep thought staring at it, while sitting at my aunt's front yard or on the swing my lolo made. The mountain's also my source of comfort, for as long as I can see the mountain, I know I'm near home. Often, I look at it, but the thought of climbing its peak never crossed my mind. But since I was invited to go, why not say yes? It's my first mountain climbing experience and I was ready with my Domo shirt, red leggings (more like skinny pajamas?) and my trusty slippers. Sometimes, life just wants you to come as you are. And when you say yes, you might end up conquering heights.

Heh, I love using the word conquer. Whoops, there goes your closet control freak side. Haha. Not really. Weh?


No comments:

Post a Comment