My photo
Sometimes random. Sometimes inspired. Most of the time bored.

Pages

Et le cœur s'envole pour Ortigas.


Officially, I've been employed for a week now.

How was it? Pretty fine. Not awesome but nothing too terrible. My erratic self is being held on by a flexible schedule so I'm doing good regarding the time. About the job, well...it's tolerable. That's how I've always descroibed it whenever people would ask. I'm surviving and it's tolerable. That's the truth anyways.

I've been meeting awesome people. I'm friends with the "cool" ones and, as the cool ones put it, "uncool" ones. Well, that's the usual me. 

I like Ortigas. I like the place. It is not that accessible from where I live but the tall buildings and the nice streets just makes my city-heart happy. And even if I've been raised in a small city, I've actually lived enough on the metro to understand it and actually, to be a part of it.

I'm thinking of getting my own place. My salary isn't that much, but I spend too much time on commuting from home to the office. I have more things to do now, more people to meet. My little corner in our small city is no longer enough. 

Since I'm in the mood to be a bit mellow dramatic or whatever, let me say these things:

1. As mentioned earlier, the job is pretty much comme-ci, comme-ca. But I'm enjoying the freedom that comes with it. I kinda feel like a little bird that's trying out her wings. I might fall, but at least I've experienced how to fly even just for a few moments. Most people here are awesome and nice, some are pretty much okay and one's a bit....oh, idk. It's complicated. Hahaha! 

2. Do I miss home? Not that much. I miss spending time with my mom and sis and pets, of course. But I can't live my life forever inside the four corners of our home. Definitely not. I've always been a jet-setter. Always in motion. And even if I'm pretty much the explorer that walks aimlessly and without direction, I get to where I wanna go. It might take me some longer time, I might arrived there scraped and bruised all over, but hey, point is I got there. (Got in a conversation with zehbf about this one last night, he was kinda flustered that I walked a long way because I don't know my way. Haha!)

3. Ah, yes. There's the boyfriend. A new one, a new guy. I didn't intend to be in a whole new relationship just a month after break up, but hey, life happened. And well, as the recent ex had put it anyway--there was never a relationship in the first place. So yeahbetch, no guilt feelings. I can also see that he's doing fine now, so I guess...when a door closes, the gate opens. LOL. Anywho, about the boyfriend, he wants to remain anonymous so I'm not telling people who he is. :-) He's awesome, I'm awesome.....so it's pure awesomeness. 

Well, that's it for now I guess. I need to get going. The guy's outside the building. It's movie night again! Hihi.

Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman always have Paris, yes. And for  me, I'll always have Ortigas. "Our own little love affair," as the guy puts it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment