As for me, I've always been a runner. Don't get me wrong though, I don't run away from problems, it's just that I need to take a break to be able to function properly.
Last summer, I'm lucky that I found two perfect places for me to recuperate when things get a bit difficult. One is McDo El Pueblo in Ortigas and another is one branch of Gloria Jeans.
In my last post, I wrote about my monotonous life. But wait, it's not all routine. Couple of days ago, I met up with my friends Mich, El, Direk and Jon at Starbucks, Metrowalk. It was a good day and I decided to walk from Rob Galleria up to Metrowalk even if I am not really familiar with the place. Haha. Walking by Meralco Ave. reminded me of last summer's memories. They were good memories and I learned a lot from it. After the short chat with my friends, I went to my favourite McDonalds branch in the whole galaxy, the one at El Pueblo.
I don't understand it myself but this branch draws me in. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking it was a McDonald's-inspired house. From then on, I feel a sudden rush of excitement whenever I pass by it, the kind that I used to feel as a kid whenever I get to take home a Happy Meal. But as time passed, its no longer about the naive bliss nor the happy meal, it then turned into the ambiance of the place and its proximity to the memory I once dreamed about.
Disclaimer: I don't own the photos! Got them from google! Thanks to their owners! 8D
And of course, Gloria Jeans. I've discovered the coffee shop last year and spent almost every afternoon with Bianca, another friend of mine, there last summer. When classes resumed, I remained loyal to the place. Wrote papers, studied during exam weeks and even did some parts of my thesis there.
I go there when I want to think and to spend time with myself. The place is like my comfort zone where I immediately go to after a stressful day or when I'm having a hard time--may it be school-related, relationships and even life in general.
I go there when I want to think and to spend time with myself. The place is like my comfort zone where I immediately go to after a stressful day or when I'm having a hard time--may it be school-related, relationships and even life in general.
These are the places where I slow down. These are where I go to when everything is moving too fast and I feel that I can no longer keep up. These are where I've been spending my afternoons and early evenings for almost a month now.



No comments:
Post a Comment